Wednesday, April 11, 2007

17.

Parking Lot

Tonight, in the Trader Joe’s parking lot, a man ran over to me and said “What is that on your foot?” I had just come from running, so I was wearing my super-duper ankle brace, which I know is super-duper because it has velcro in three places, but I didn’t know it was run-across-the-parking-lot-to-comment-on-it exciting. His interest level was bizarre, but it was even more alarming when he asked if I had an artificial foot. Why would someone run across a parking lot to ask me if I had an artificial foot? WHAT IF I DID? What then? He didn’t seem to have any artificial limbs, so I don’t think he was looking to bond. After the artificial foot comment, he told me that it would be really intense if I had a brace on each foot (two artificial feet??). All I could come up with was, “Yah, cuz then double the awesome” and I jumped in my car and drove away.

(Side note: When he said "What is that on your foot," I did the Ab spider jump-back move: WHAT??, helicopter arms.)

1 comment:

Abby said...

1. What is WRONG with that guy? Why yes, it IS an artificial foot. How kind of you to notice.

2. When I read "What's that on your foot?" I immediately thought, Oh my god is it an enormous spider?!

3. I fucking hate spiders.