Thursday, March 29, 2007

4.

Jenga

Last night might have been a low point. I was eating raviolis in a really gross way and watching t.v.—nothing new there. With most raviolis, I eat them the usual way with sauce and a fork, but with the Safeway portobello mushroom raviolis, the fork and sauce just get in the way. They are perfect, especially right when they come off the stove. It hurts really badly and my fingertips are still a little numb, but the second they are afloat I dump them onto a plate and dig my hands in.

Last night, like every night, I made too many, which is always so heartbreaking because I know they’ll never return to their post-stove state of perfection. So as I was sitting there full of rav-goodness, finishing my glass of wine, I suddenly broke out into a game of ravioli Jenga. It was the only thing that made any sense at that moment. Turns out, even with the most careful precision and devoted focus, it’s Jenga! at seven Safeway portobello mushroom raviolis. Clearly there was a lot wrong with the scenario, but it was the moment when I yelled “Jenga!” out loud, making Milo twitch a little in his sleep, that I would identify as the low point.

No comments: